Junhyung responds to being compared to G-Dragon

December 20, 2013 @ 1:16 pm
by alim17
  • 24
  • 11
  • 227
  • 65050
  • 769
After B2ST's Junhyung made his solo debut with a unique concept, many people started to compare him to another artistic soloist, Big Bang's G-Dragon.  Junhyung addressed these comparisons when they were brought up at a press conference for his album 'Flower' by expressing his respect for G-Dragon and relaying his apologies to G-Dragon's fans.

SEE ALSO: [Giveaway] Celebrating allkpop's 7th year anniversary!

Junhyung said, "It's a bit of a shame . . . G-Dragon is a much superior senior artist than I am.  I think he is extremely charismatic when it comes to music.  I always have a respect for him . . . I think it is an honor just to be compared to him."

He then said apologetically, "In case G-Dragon's fans are offended because of me, I will apologize."

Do you think he is similar in style and music to G-Dragon?

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 234 comments

Sort by:

xkoreanx
· Posted May 15, 2014 @ 4:01 pm

Honestly, the people that compared GD to him are getting ahead of themselves.. No offense to Beast fans but Junhyung or whatever is not even close the level of GD

xkimlala
· Posted May 9, 2014 @ 12:39 am

Seriously, i think their styles are very different...

carlavipbj
· Posted April 24, 2014 @ 7:00 pm

ugh !! We are VIP's and yes ! we are so proud to be one of the strongest fandoms in the kpop, but this is a shame, this is like show to the others fandoms that we are the "best" only because one person (G Dragon) is it. Stop making comparisons. Stop thinking like you was G Dragon. Stop making us see so arrogant and pathetic

2ne1leda
· Posted January 29, 2014 @ 11:09 pm

we are offended duh how dare u compare ur self with gd who trained over 6 yrs trainee and suffered the pain and he just had some album and trains less then us huh. im not a beast fan nor a heater i just hate comparisans . no offence beast fans or bias

kpopmonsteryong
· Posted December 29, 2013 @ 11:13 am

Uh huh. Lets face it. A lot of artists tey to imitate GD. Its the truth because he is so successful and different. His way opens new doors and korean artists like Jonghyun from Shinee and others gain inspiration from GD. WHO ELSE ARE THEY GONNA COPY?

sant0
· Posted December 29, 2013 @ 10:12 am
Two very different artistic styles, no comparison and he just debuted to show his own colour. People need to chill out and just listen to the music.

darlenem
· Posted December 28, 2013 @ 9:50 am

g dragon's music is more appealing !

darlenem
· Posted December 28, 2013 @ 9:49 am

i heard junhyung's rap style (no offense ) but there are similarities !!

AlessaZar
· Posted December 24, 2013 @ 4:51 pm

Ofended? Really? i like both of them~~

duckie1517
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 12:47 pm

I agreed that Junhyung is not anywhere close to G-Dragon's level yet. His popularity is not there, he just recently made his solo debut, anyway he's just not there. I also don't see why G-Dragon fans should be offended either. Junhyung might not be on G-Dragon's level right now but I'm sure one day he will. He has that feel to him and I'm sure he can make it big. Because honestly, who would think G-Dragon would be so popular like where he is now when Big Bang first debut?

kpopalltheway29
· Posted January 30, 2014 @ 9:02 pm
Ikr wtf's to be offended about?
xkimlala
· Posted May 9, 2014 @ 12:36 am
I agree! Jun-hyung is talented and time will show. His music is not your typical "kpop". He is already producing a lot of songs & working hard, give the guy some credit. G-dragon has been around a lot longer, he's not trying to be G-dragon. I think they are very different actually. He feels honored to be compared to Gdragon and apologized to Gdragon's fans - this is not called arrogance.

youngbaeby
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 12:07 pm

I don't even think Junhyung has to apologise for anything. This is his own composition which he should be proud of, not sorry about because he's being compared to a more senior artist. I'm a VIP and a b2uty but I honestly don't see how Flower was GD's style.

xkimlala
· Posted May 9, 2014 @ 12:37 am
Comparing Flower to"crooked" or "heartbreaker"....i don't see it either.

sonny_mercy
· Posted December 22, 2013 @ 11:40 pm

I see where people are coming from but i think their styles are different...Also honestly I like the song Flower more than any song on G-Dragons last album

salemvip
· Posted December 21, 2013 @ 5:02 pm

why the hell is everyone trying to compare everybody to each other its kinda freakin irritating and its one of the things that really piss me off. I mean come on their is no similarities between them.  first its their hair, the way the dress, or the sound of their music. How about we stop comparing them and just enjoy the amazing music that the produced is that so much to ask!! =.=

meryyyyl
· Posted December 21, 2013 @ 1:34 pm

HIS STYLE AND GDRAGON STYLE ARE SO DIFFERENT. SO PLEASE STOP COMPARING THEM! They're just both singer-songwriters/producers. And they are both rappers. Junhyung isn't copying GD. And GD isn't the only idol who can produce music. Zico and Jinyoung produces music as well. SO WHY COMPARE? Please respect both of them. ♥

alinbf
· Posted December 21, 2013 @ 12:06 pm

ALL I CAN SAY IS HE HAS A GOOD MANNER BY D WAY..^^

alinbf
· Posted December 21, 2013 @ 12:05 pm

so wht..for me..i it didnt even offence things..k net surely weird,he just make a music and debut sol,hence he get compared like this,it sure thus a funny thing, well, they have their own colour..

pamelaapeacock
· Posted December 21, 2013 @ 11:13 am
This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)

suie00
· Posted December 21, 2013 @ 11:13 am

yeah.. most VIP are like 'if hes a rapper, a composer, a song-writer, and a producer' he must be copying GD. WTF PEOPLE MUST THINK LIKE THAT! they are completely different in their own style for sure!

alexdaez
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 1:47 am
Yeah, and I'd say its just as bad for someone to assume that most of a fandom thinks this way when in reality it's probably less at 20%.

hydethislove
· Posted December 21, 2013 @ 10:47 am

Really? There are people omparing him to GD? Their styles in rap and music completely differ from each other and do not even have any similarities.

shaimahunhun