IU thanks her fans for the 'Friday' all-kill

December 23, 2013 @ 1:06 am
by jennywill
  • 21
  • 4
  • 32
  • 14814
  • 3001
IU left a grateful message for her fans on earning an all-kill with "Friday"!

SEE ALSO: IU scores a perfect all-kill with 'Friday'

She logged onto her fancafe U-ana on the 22nd and titled her post, "How long has it been!". The post read,

The drama is almost over. I had 4 concerts, and I even had a repackage album. As always, I was enjoying myself, then angry, then happy, then sick, and then healthy. It means I was well.
The reason why I'm leaving a post on an awkward day that's not even Christmas or the release of my self-composed song is because I don't think I can write on Christmas, so I'm greeting you when there's a bit of time left.
Because you loved "Friday" so much, I think I'll have a very warm Christmas. I'm going to work harder on writing music. It really does feel different to be loved through a self-composed song.
U-ana, even if you have difficult times, smile first. There's less than 10 days left in this year, so tell yourself that it's okay and trick yourself into getting over it. Don't be too excited and think 'I'm going to live properly starting next year', but take care wrapping this one up. Since U-ana is my official fancafe, I'm uploading a few calm, good pictures that fits official places.

IU scored a perfect all-kill with "Friday", merely a day after her song was released. Congratulations to both IU and U-ana!

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 33 comments

Sort by:

musicallday
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 9:03 pm

snake01
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 5:12 pm

Dang, she must be freezing in that first picture - put that jacket back on IU! Congrats with your second all-kill in a row - stay strong IU!

jaywon
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 1:42 pm

did IU change her singing style? i like the old IU much better when she used to just sing songs instead of TRY to sound "jazzier."

alicinka
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 4:44 pm
it's called a concept
gigglycupcake
· Posted December 24, 2013 @ 4:42 am
Seriously? "the old IU". She has always had a little bit of jazz in her voice! In her FIRST album, she had "Feel So Good" (you can't deny there is a jazzy vibe to this song). And she sang so many other songs on her albums with a "jazzier" voice. You obviously haven't heard enough of her music if you never heard the jazz. Also, this is called being flexible. It is something that not all singers can do. She can sing all kinds of styles and do it well. Sorry, but there is no "old IU". You can miss the style of song that she sang, but IU is IU. I, for one, am very please with Friday. SHE wrote this song , so obviously, it is something that she wanted to do. I assume you mean that you miss songs like "Good Day" and "You and I"? You should just be happy with the amazing music you like that she has shared with you :) If you want links and stuff to the songs with a jazzy feel, let me know~ I don't mean to be rude...but maybe you need to get your hearing checked. Her voice doesn't sound forced at all, she isn't trying to sound jazzy, she is just singing naturally. If you watch the bts where she was trying to help Yijeong sing for the recording, she told him several times to just relax his voice and sing comfortably the way she sang it...

tinafdh
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 1:05 pm
This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: Spam )
-12

abcdefgfjfjsss
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 12:32 pm

guys dont't worry than much about who is she with or who is she dating  , now that IU will kiss jang geun suk the prince of asia . she won't give shit about that ugly Eunhyuk . i mean jgs will give her a very high standers in men LOL

shatterstar715
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 11:04 am

IU is such a very pretty innocent looking girl. I know she is growing up fast and I hope she doesn't turn out like the white trashy skank that Miley Cyrus is. But I don't have too much too worry about because Korean culture is much more tame and respectful compared to our despicable culture here in America.

ikpoplolz
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 9:41 am

'Don't be too excited and think 'I'm going to live properly starting next year', but take care wrapping this one up.'

Aww how did you know I was thinking like this haha :) I'll keep your wise words in mind sweet IU!

ctranii
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 6:49 am

this is so sweet of her! and big congrats to her :)

kpopisfun87
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 6:12 am

To have a perfect all kill for two songs in a row is amazing. Her fanbase in Korea must be really huge for her to achieve that. Is her fanbase became bigger after her acting in lee soon shin you are the best because I heard that the drama was a big hit? anyway,congratz IU. Your Friday song is amazing and it shows that apart of being a good singer, you are also a good composer.^^

joahsredshoes
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 5:40 am

always genuine thats why i love her

le-heart
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 5:08 am

sayakahikaru
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 4:37 am

IU wrote such a sweet message^^

lesliemaetown
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 3:51 am
Im crying..unnie is so nice!

is2u
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 3:05 am

IU wrote to her fans on 3 different sites: Uaena fancafe, DC Gallery, and Daum Starzone.
All english translations as well as selcas from her posts on all sites can be found on iu-jjang's tumblr page

exo-momo
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 2:42 am
IU!!!!!! ASHDKDKWHHSOLDNWJDJKDNWJDJJXKNENEJNCME

hannahme
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 1:47 am

How sweet of her... :)

-24

ripiasuperjunior
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 1:40 am

even after what she did to Eunhyuk she is still digital queen Daebak!!

yolotic
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 2:54 am
Fail
ripiasuperjunior
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 2:55 am
@yolotic IKR she uploaded the pic to get popularity and she failed it only got her hate... but she still manages to chart well good on her!!!
hyo2nebang
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 3:03 am
im still surprised this day why is she dating that ugly duckling. iu queen
ripiasuperjunior
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 3:05 am
@hyo2nebang lol Eunhyuk is very popular with the ladies, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung even had a huge crush on him, and so do many international fans~ he's got that personality that girls like, he could get far better then her
dylm
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 3:17 am
She bothers me so much it's not even funny nd I don't even know her that much. Something bout her makes me don't like her, lol even my sister said she's annoying
alisawei
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 4:15 am
@dylm You don't even know her why she bothers you? That's because you are an ignorant. I think you and your sister more annoying to captious comments here. No one ask you to love her but you don't need to be a stupid gossip or idiot here.
nhimam15
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 5:11 am
@hyo2nebang yah keep saying he's ugly pathetic lol your queen is probably head over heels for him :) thats why she upload the pic 'accidently' when he dump her for revenge lol
Lanalee
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 12:30 pm
Seriously guys ? I didn't want to write such a comment but really, these haters/trolls/stupid fangirls are just so irritating URGH ! ripiasuperjunior said : "she uploaded the pic to get popularity and she failed it only got her hate... but she still manages to chart well good on her" => #1 IU was already popular before the incident. #2 no one (with a normal brain) would ever think this kind of incident would bring popularity, especially when the guy is adored by crazy fangirls. #3 yes, her songs chart well (meaning her music is awesome enough to overshadow her reputation and haters), that's at least one thing you got right. Way too go :D "he's got that personality that girls like, he could get far better then her" => #1 I suppose you're talking about marital matters right ? 'cause as a singer, IU easily crushes him. #2 you don't know him in reality, he could be an asshole but a very good actor. #3 FOR GOD SAKE ! "THAN" not "then ! English isn't my native language, and I understand people can make mistakes, I do too, but this one is so common nowadays it's not even funny anymore :(
abcdefgfjfjsss
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 12:31 pm
@nhimam15 @hyo2nebang guys dont't worry than much , npw that IU will kiss jang geun suk the prince of asia . she won't give shit about that ugly Eunhyuk . i mean jgs will give her a very high standers in men LOL
oldies
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 1:19 pm
Give it a rest. Stop bringing EunHyuk up in an IU article. Don't you get sick and tired of doing it? I mean really? I'm pretty sure EunHyuk himself would like to let it fade. What you're doing is not helping him at all. As a matter of fact, every time I see EH mentioned like this, I lose interest in SJ by a little bit more. You're probably a troll account or something and maybe you're trying to generate hate for both EH and IU. I don't know but I'm sure that there are some gullible people who will take that bait but I hope people stop and read this point and actually think.
ledevilsnakecunt
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 2:58 pm
DAEBAK COMMENT! The best comment here!

serene-lim
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 1:24 am

Chukahae!<3

soshibias1250901
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 1:16 am

"Don't be too excited and think 'I'm going to live properly starting next year', but take care wrapping this one up."

Awwww IU ~ That's sincere !