Crayon Pop causes users to leave internet shopping mall 'Auction'

August 19, 2013 @ 4:45 pm
by jennywill
  • 0
  • 0
  • 244
  • 66384
  • 292
Crayon Pop may be the hottest artist of the summer, but it looks like their IlBe controversy has yet to leave them completely.

The internet shopping mall 'Auction' recently recruited the girls to be the face of the site, but after the girls released their CF, the site has been experiencing a mass exodus of users.

The girls, after using various phrases used on the controversial site, and after their CEO pretty much admitted he was a registered member, have been called 'Ilbe-yon-pop'. After Crayon Pop released their CF, a torrent of complaints flooded the customer service board. The term 'Leaving Auction' started taking the top spots for search terms on portals, and a movement to stop using the site started up.

SEE ALSO: Crayon Pop and CEO deny being affiliated with online community ilbe after controversial tweets

The movement spread over to Twitter, with users commenting, "As soon as I heard, I left. I don't want to use my money for a company who decides to use idols who are controversial because of Ilbe", and "I was watching cable TV and felt disappointed because Auction CFs with Crayon Pop kept coming up. They're noisy people with no tact... I'm leaving Auction".

Another netizen displayed a screenshot of a reply they'd received from Auction after complaining. The reply read, "First, we are very thankful for your concerns for Auction. We chose Crayon Pop as Auction's models because we wanted to relay our fresh and groundbreaking service and product to our customers, and we wanted to try that groundbreaking tendency for our mobile app, as well. We already know that they have a negative image because of their recent IlBe controversy, but please understand that we have taken their optimistic image to communicate with their fans with better music and performance."

Auction stated, "The mail that the customer center sent is not Auction's official stance. We picked them purely out of a marketing point of view because they became a hot issue this summer, and their dance and performance were creative. We will be taking into account the customers' various opinions on this matter."

Source: Dailian via Nate

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 244 comments

Sort by:

chunsa17
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 1:37 am

THose that don't have any idea what ILBE is.. read this..  http://english.khan.co.kr/khan_art_view.html?code=710100&artid=201305221617407

jcsession
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 9:13 pm

First thing is first, read the link this is about the "controversy"

Secondly, Most Netizens not just K-Netizens tend to be the trash of the internet and look to start a flame war over the most retarded shit. To me the girl's of Crayon Pop are being targeted by a bunch of people over a phrase that was uttered in the wrong context and shit is hitting the fan much like that of Hyosung's "controversy", it is unfortunate really that most of humanity has devolved into a bunch of classless neanderthal ingrates that only get joy out spreading hate on people. Crayon Pop has garnered an abnormal amount of flak for something so minute but so over-analyzed. Nobody takes anything with a "grain of salt" anymore and are really quick to jump on the whole you just offended me band-wagon.

In my eyes, Crayon Pop did no wrong, The CEO of Chrome Entertainment is also in no wrong, I'd have done the same thing that he has done and you'd be damn sure that I would stick up for the girls.

There is far too much butt-hurt in this world and humanity for the most part still needs to learn how to chill.

kylielavigne
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 2:22 pm
yes those f'ckin K-netizens are really annoying. This thing makes me remember what those dumbass korean netizens have done to Jay.

sunnyusagi5
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 7:21 pm

For all the people wondering, basically there's a korean site called "Ilbe" (which means something close to "junky" or "trashy") and apparently it's really shady or something. Right after Bar Bar Bar came out, their CEO basically admitted he had an active account on Ilbe so now everyone's getting their panties in a wad about it and blaming it on Crayon Pop. And since people have remembered it all of a sudden and Crayon Pop is the new ambassador of this site, it caused many to leave.
You're welcome.

Myumeful
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 3:30 pm

Can people at least TRY to understand what it's all about before commenting. Don't tell me you're all too stupid to understand that when the CEO of a company does something wrong, THE WHOLE COMPANY will suffer from it?

realme21
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 3:12 pm

YOUR IMAGE NEVER LEAVES YOU.

Better have a good image from the start.........

jewelisrael
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 3:11 pm
This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)

natsuko242
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 2:40 pm

I.....I don't understand what's going on....

susy
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 1:18 pm

I don't understand what the controversy is about.

yeenchie
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 1:00 pm

I kept rereading the whole article and I feel so dumb for still no getting the whole controversy. Am I missing something? Am I just so slow because there's a whole bunch of Ilbe thing?

susy
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 1:19 pm
I'm as lost as you are

hiroonakamura5
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 12:54 pm

people are idiots. the ceo already explained that he has accounts on most big korean sites to gather information about what is written about his adepts.

Koreans seem to get butthurt abt just about anything when it comes to kpop

woorissica
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 12:51 pm

Can i know what's IlBe controversy means  ?

siia
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 4:23 pm
Me too please. I guess I missed something. If any knows, please share. Thank you.
siia
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 4:27 pm
@siia *anyone
chunsa17
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 1:36 am
ILBE is a korean website.. I dunno how exactly to explain this.. but imagine this.. imagine an Anti website.. multiply that to a hundred.. that's how bad it is.. This article should help you understand more.. http://english.khan.co.kr/khan_art_view.html?code=710100&artid=201305221617407

ninja21
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 12:13 pm

the girls must feel really sad now...

coolstorydad
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 12:06 pm

I feel bad for them D:

katahtattat
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 11:39 am

I wonder how much of it is about the bad things on the website, and how much of it is about certain netizens trying to punish people that may disagree with them.

ryadh21
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 11:27 am

poor crayon poop

kpopfan1138
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 11:11 am

wow, now the video has been removed.

JessicaJungFan20
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 10:30 am

Everyone absolutely needs to chill out and realize that the girls absolutely wouldn't really mean the things that they have said most recently.  It's not like they're hating on anyone or anything like that

ding
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 12:46 pm
what did they say?? i'm missing a lot ..
siia
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 4:31 pm
@ding lol, Me too again. Also missing something. :/

troubador127
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 9:22 am

I can't believe there is controvery over the Ilbe thing. After reading about it, I don't feel like they did anything wrong. People who don't like Crayon Pop are blowing it out of proportion.

hyoyeonloverunni
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 8:48 am

I have no idea what the hell i'm reading.. What happened?

doogoo
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 11:26 am
me too... what did I just read??
siia