Variety

Lee Joon says he shouldn't have made the 'Animal Kingdom' comment on idols and dating

July 24, 2013 @ 1:37 pm
by jennywill
  • 0
  • 0
  • 89
  • 40559
  • 367
MBLAQ's Lee Joon said he regretted his comment saying that the dating scene with idols was like an animal kingdom.

On a past show of SBS' 'Incarnation', he'd said, "A and B would date, and then A would go date C, and then B would go date D. It's like an animal kingdom. It all happens within the same group." [meaning A/D are in the same group, and B/C are in the same group]

When asked about it on the July 24 episode of MBC's 'Radio Star', he said, "To be honest, after I said that, I'm going crazy. I can't go to a music show." Kim Gu Ra asked, "Because you can't face the others?", and he answered, "What would they think of me?".

SEE ALSO: What does MBLAQ's Lee Joon think about the idol dating scene?

Kyuhyun pointed out, "All the idols saw that broadcast", and MC Kim Kuk Jin asked, "If you knew what was going to happen, why did you say it?". Lee Joon answered, "I'm always like that. I never think about the consequences of what will happen after I say something."

Yoon Jong Shin clarified, "You actually meant that their relationships get tangled up", and Lee Joon admitted, "When I thought of it, it came up immediately in my head that it was an 'Animal Kingdom'. But I realized afterwards that I said something I was really sorry about saying."

Kyuhyun put in, "The netizens said that you said something that was very good. But your idols friends thought, 'he thinks of me as an animal'." When Yoon Jong Shin asked, "Did you see the people who you were talking about?", Lee Joon admitted, "I did." Kim Gu Ra said, "But don't you have the rights to say something like this?".

Lee Joon answered, "But still, I should have kept quiet about some things." When asked if these idols were ones close to him, he said, "They weren't."

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 89 comments

Sort by:

kyuxiusoo
· Posted July 25, 2013 @ 2:50 pm

Go Lee Joon!! ^^

tgantt94
· Posted July 25, 2013 @ 2:36 pm

I'm sure this happens often because as someone in the spot light, dating a "normal" person is probably not the easiest thing to do. Also, going to music shows and promoting so frequently you're bound to run into people that you're interested in. Also, you probably spend more time with them than you get regular interaction with any one outside the "idol" lifestyle. I think his perspective wasn't one of "maybe that's not true", I think it's more, "this is my job, I can't say things that will make it harder to do my job." BUT, he was just being honest. No shame in that!

hanalee007
· Posted July 25, 2013 @ 1:11 pm

Well actually I think he kinda right about the dating process. Isn't it going to be awkward dating the same person as your team members? He made a good point but maybe he could lost his friends because of what he said. Well it's been said so nothing can be done.

jigokushinigamiai
· Posted July 25, 2013 @ 12:06 pm

i like him being honest :) no need to feel bad he did not pin point anyone so why would others who practice "animal kingdom dating style" would be mad at him? hahahhaha:)))

beatmoon
· Posted July 25, 2013 @ 11:00 am

he very cute! :)

Smackle
· Posted July 25, 2013 @ 8:44 am

Ooh Joon lol

mozilla02059029
· Posted July 25, 2013 @ 7:01 am

lee joon the best

kimjhunjinmine
· Posted July 25, 2013 @ 2:24 am

i understand lee joon for that,i think he is straight guy and he doesn't want to sneak around specially if the girl is his friend gf,yeah..he is tactless,but for me he is just being honest,that's it!

damyoungji
· Posted July 25, 2013 @ 12:37 am

Come on, now. Do idols think the public are all naive and innocent? Everyone knows this happens! It even happens to non-celebrities, so it should not be a total shock. Just because Joon stated the obvious does not mean he was trying to refer to them as "animals". There is no such thing as, "you cannot date him/her because we used to date" rule. Okay, there is such rule between some friendships and it depends on how and why a couple broke up. But even then, there is no such rule, and when you are in the entertainment industry, there are just so many of them. There is a lot, but a person is more likely to date someone they can see easily without having to sneak around too much to get to them.

potato0624
· Posted July 25, 2013 @ 12:19 am

At least, he was honest with his thought...those animal dating style people should be ashamed, not u, joonie , why would u have to avoid them?

thecoolestone
· Posted July 25, 2013 @ 12:04 am

ANIMAL KINGDOM FTW....THAT ANIMAL SO UGLY...LOL

saiisa-
· Posted July 24, 2013 @ 11:31 pm

hahahahaha Lee Joon, They aren't your real friends. (:

bukonamja
· Posted July 24, 2013 @ 11:02 pm

HAHAHAHA..aigoo..Lee Joon you must be careful..

· Posted July 24, 2013 @ 10:59 pm

good guy joon.. if only he'd be a little more troll, he'd be saying.. U MAD? since he's not close with those he talked about anyway

ly_teng
· Posted July 24, 2013 @ 10:51 pm

I have a group of friends, actually classmates that did that too. and everyone knows it. so i don't think he's wrong to be honest.

aellizabeth
· Posted July 24, 2013 @ 10:31 pm

ohhh someone is in trouble :P

BCSN24
· Posted July 24, 2013 @ 9:49 pm

That actually happens a lot in circles of friends. I remember finding out that a friend was dating someone I had just stopped seeing less than a month before. I was a little upset for all of a day, but then I didn't really care, because our relationship was never that serious and I was already interested in someone else. Of course I was in my late teens/early 20s at that time...I would never do that sort of thing now.

Considering the nature of KPop and the fact that Korea takes eventual marriage very seriously, its not hard to see how easy it would be to jump from partner to partner. Most likely they are not serious relationships that will go past their time as an idol. Even married couples run around that country with matching everything like they're in middle school...

alexshineelover
· Posted July 24, 2013 @ 9:39 pm

i'm glad he said it though...maybe he should have been a bit more tactful but he had the right to say it truly :)

jksmblaq
· Posted July 24, 2013 @ 9:22 pm

Joon oppa always says the truth weather he thought about what he was going to say or he didn't think!

he is just an honest man

our mature Joon oppa also apologized even when what he said was true

smokysoul
· Posted July 24, 2013 @ 9:00 pm

even though he regretted, even though what he said was a bit 'rude', it was the truth people need to admit. he might not thinking the consequences before saying what was on his mind but it just a prove that this man could never lie, he's the man of his words :p