Child actor Kim Sae Ron speaks out on her profession's legitimacy

by MountainMadman
  • 1
  • 0
  • 38
  • 24646
  • 100

Child actor Kim Sae Ron expressed her hope that child actors in the Korean film industry would soon gain legitimacy as real actors alongside their adult counterparts.

"When people think of child actors, they think of cute kids next to adults, or in commercials," she said during a recent broadcast. "But I hope that they can think of child actors as people who act, the same as adults."

Although she's played several tough roles over the years - including orphans and abused children - she said that the end result was worth it. "I think I continue to act because of the feeling of bliss that comes when someone watches my work."

Can child actors really compare to adult actors?

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 38 comments

Sort by:

jksmblaq
· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 6:41 pm

Kim Sae Ron is the best child actress i've ever seen  she's so freakin' awesome! her acting is much much better than some of the adults' acting!

KoreanTommy
· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 6:20 pm

For those who haven't seen Kim Sae Ron before I suggest "The man from Nowhere" and "Barbie" two really good films

inspiritsjwalk
· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 3:59 pm

the only reason i remember her is cause she was madly in love with myungsoo in who is mom!

aardbei
· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 3:35 pm

Very wise girl despite her young age!!

bjarne
· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 2:02 pm

She was great in Can You Hear My Heart. And seriously there are many very talented child actors Shim Eun Kyung, Jin Ji Hee, Lee Young Yoo, Park Gun Tae, Park Ji Bin, Yuh Jin Goo, Kim So Hyun and my favourite Kim Yoo Jung

dotty_pig
· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 1:45 pm

Never seen this child act before, but kim yoo jung is a really good actress.

sika29
· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 12:18 pm

i love her acting she is amazing even better then most adult actors.

ash3070
· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 11:12 am

To answer the question, it really depends. The child actors on Disney Channel are DREADFUL! But other than that I'd always be willing to give them a chance :) Age IS just a number :) x x x

thisonegirl
· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 10:31 am

I agree. I am amazed by some of these child actors. They are very talented!

wangnyeo
· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 10:13 am

only because of her  I have registered in allkpop new site ,, I love this girl soooooo much she was amaaaazing with Won Bin in the Man from nowhere !!!! she is Great !

shi-suisen
· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 8:31 am

Most of the child actors act even better than certain idol actors out there. I'm seriously impressed by some of the child actors these recent years. They definitely have a bright future :)

KissMeee
· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 7:13 am

she was really good in 'What is Mom'

lizzie_wwjd
· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 5:01 am

Yer i definitely think so .... some child actors are more popular than the adult actors they play

petya
· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 2:07 am

I agree with her ...they should be taken seriously....

getalifelosers
· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 1:52 am

kim yoo jung is different cuz she doesn't play roles that get abused (just saying)

joycieee
· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 1:49 am

of course they can! like kim yoo jung...her portrayal as a noble daughter in The moon that embraces the sun was insane! her acting sooo spot on!

· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 1:23 am

she's like an asian Saoirse Ronan

gcat
· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 12:38 am

Not only can child actors compare but they can surpass adult actors in acting ability.

iambest
· Posted June 23, 2013 @ 11:21 pm

she is so mature, i love it. loving her in "the queens classroom".

VampireMadonna
· Posted June 23, 2013 @ 10:09 pm

She's totally right. In most of the K-dramas I've watched, the kids steal the show, especially when they play the younger versions of the adults. To this day people still talk about how lacking the adult actors in Moon-Sun seemed compared to what the kids brought to the screen in the first few eps, despite those adult actors being some of Korea's top talent. There was just something about them, individually and a group, that was lost when they "grew up".