Gossip

Concerts / Events

Netizens take notice of SHINee's Onew giving the middle finger during radio broadcast

March 19, 2013 @ 4:33 am
by
  • 0
  • 0
  • 7
  • 14712
  • 16

Although there are those who pay no attention to the overly used middle finger, there are also those who take it as no laughing matter. Thus, it is not surprising that SHINee's Onew's recent appearance on a radio broadcast has sparked some criticism.

On the March 18th broadcast of 'Younha's Starry Night', Some of the SHINee members featured as guests to talk about their comeback and touch upon various subjects. Prior to the members' introductions, their faces were not shown during this particular segment on camera, but netizens spotted someone giving his middle finger on screen. The color and print of the mystery man's outfit later pointed the identity to Onew, raising eyebrows.

Netizens flocked to the comment boards and expressed their shock responding, "Since it is a radio broadcast that can be seen, it was careless of him to stick up the middle finger", "Why is he doing that when he knows there is a camera?", "I don't know if it's because Onew always had an innocent image, but I'm disappointed", "Can it really be Onew?" and more.

However, there were others that came to his defense with comments like, "Isn't he just joking around? He probably didn't realize that could be seen", "It seems like Onew was just playing around with his members", "It might just be another sign that shows just how close he is with his members" and more.

As you know, this isn't the first time that an idol star was criticized for giving the middle finger as of recently, as Jay Park previously received backlash for his Instagram picture.

Source + image: No Cut News via Nate, eToday, mtn, DongA

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 7 comments

Sort by:

total votes

silverheart208
· Posted August 19, 2014 @ 9:28 pm
It's not that of a big deal. Seriously, he was just joking around and didn't mean any harm. Plus it's actually quite funny

total votes

starz1994
· Posted February 22, 2014 @ 11:32 am
What's wrong with them! Leave Onew alone.. It's not like he did it to a staff or something and it should have been edit anyways

total votes

roroshinee
· Posted September 11, 2013 @ 12:52 pm

انيو ما يسوي كذا لا تلفقو قصص على شايني

i love shinee

total votes

roroshinee
· Posted September 11, 2013 @ 12:52 pm

انيو ما يسوي كذا لا تلفقو قصص على شايني

i love shinee

total votes

SwiftFoot
· Posted August 12, 2013 @ 11:42 pm

Maybe it's a cultural thing, but in my opinion, it's all about the context. I give my best friend the middle finger as a joke when she teases me.

But it could also be taken negatively if it's towards someone I dislike.

-Shrugs-

total votes

kashiyukakiseki
· Posted July 27, 2013 @ 8:37 pm

Jeez, people actually care about this? I'm glad I saw that, honestly! It just proves that Onew and all the other idols are human just like us, and that makes it easier to relate to them.

Seriously, calm down. I thought it was hilarious.

princessbella