Movies

SNSD's YoonA reveals her body weight for the first time!

March 7, 2010 @ 11:58 pm
by
  • 0
  • 0
  • 43
  • 143307
  • 25

After the shocking truth fans received on SNSD's brutal diet schedules, it seems like no understatement that the ladies of SNSD have the skinniest bodies in the k-pop industry (with some exceptions). This fact has been proven once again on today's Family Outing Season 2 as the group's resident doe, YoonA, revealed her true body weight at village sauna! No excitements yet, guys - she's covered from head to toe. To give a brief summary on what happened, YoonA and her newfound "family" have gone to a local mud flat at SooRak Village to engage in a brutal fight to earn the title of an "Honorary Citizen." After getting soaked in dirt, they  headed to nearby public spa to wash off. Before entering, they found a scale sitting in its lonesome, and decided to put YoonA on it. The green digital numbers then began to soar... and stopped at 48.5 kg. That's converted to merely 107 pounds, including her wet clothes! After looking at the stunning numbers, Shin Bong Sun yelled, "YoonA, you're so skinny! I'm not measuring mine. Thanks for sharing yours!" and escaped her turn to stand on the scale. Considering her tall height of 5"5 - which computes to an approximate number of 17.8 in Body Mass Index - YoonA is definitely categorized as underweight. Although her thin body undoubtedly defines hotness, she should definitely gain more weight for the sake of her health!

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 43 comments

Sort by:

yoonaahfan
· Posted March 13, 2014 @ 4:21 pm

I'm 5'5 and 100 pounds and i'm not unhealthy, so Yoona is fine! -_- I hate how everyone says she's too skinny or unhealthy, or starving herself. Because I eat a whole lot, like a full party sized bag chips in one day or two days, and I still weigh only 100 lbs. In case you guys don't know Asians are normally thin and have extremely high metabolisms! I'm Asian and I would definitely know, plus many of the snsd members said that yoona and sooyoung eat the most! Don't say anything if you don't know your facts.

rc137
· Posted February 15, 2014 @ 9:03 am

Why do people think that 5'5" 107 BMI 17.8 is unhealthy? She looks perfectly healthy to me. She could be a full pt lower (BMI 16.8) and still be very healthy. If she were BMI 15.5, then I would say she would be too thin and need to gain some weight. Asians tend to have slimmer bodies (have high metabolisms, can eat a lot and not gain weight). A female 5'3"-5'5" and 105lbs is a very good weight. At 115-120, getting a little heavy and should cut back on the cookies. LOL People are just jealous and trying to justify being overweight.

Mauia88
· Posted August 17, 2013 @ 6:29 pm

I'm 5"5 and way a pound or two less than 100lb. 5"5 is not considered tall. It's average at best. And I remember once hearing that a person of my height should weigh around 115lb. Considering that she exercises through choreo. and such, she is at a fairly decent weight, and should not go any lower. She is thin, but that shouldn't be considered hot. I'm thinner, and I know I've got no "hotness" factor. People shouldn't think of it like that anyway.

Anyway, her weight compared to her height is better than I expected actually.

yeoyeonakeem
· Posted August 14, 2013 @ 2:50 pm

"Although her thin body undoubtedly defines hotness"

I'm sorry, but thin is not synonymous to "hotness". Don't get me wrong, Yoona is gorgeous and she is very pretty being thin- it's just that it irks me that thin is what they're using to define hot. :s

c3autumn
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 10:43 pm
I agree, healthy defines hotness.
rc137
· Posted February 15, 2014 @ 8:42 am
It irks me when people complain thin people are unhealthy and need to gain more weight. I think they are just being jealous. Normal BMI range is 18.5-24.9. At my heaviest, my BMI was 23. To me, I was fat. I diet by reducing my calories. Now my BMI is 20.5 . Want to go down to BMI 18.5 Am very healthy. BMI scale is skewed at least 2 pts to the heavy side. Yoona (at BMI 17.8) is NOT underweight.

feariekelly
· Posted August 11, 2013 @ 2:49 am

BMI is not a really good indicator of good health especially with a lot of asians who have smaller frames of course their weight will be low, there are a lot of things that a doctor will take in account to see if your healthy like if you're anemic or have low levels. At OU theres a test where the submerge you in water and that will take in account your water weight and run test with a special machine that will give you a true mass index that will indicate your percentage of fat, muscle etc accurately. of course a lot of asians also don't have small frames cause I'm 5' 10" and my frame is a lot different from most asians...

sketchoflove
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 7:09 am

Errr, I don't see what's the big fuss. 48.5kg for her height is pretty normal..

emily235
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 4:15 am

"Although her thin body undoubtedly defines hotness," -laughter is heard far off in the distance

princessbella
· Posted July 28, 2013 @ 8:01 am

Well she has a s-line figure and look healthy so I guess that's enough for her.

amberbrw12
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 3:45 pm
More like an I-line
princessbella
· Posted August 11, 2013 @ 2:40 pm
@amberbrw12 Whatever
c3autumn
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 10:44 pm
lol XD

yoonaahfan
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 4:50 pm

I am 5'5 and pretty much the same weight as Yoona and I am perfectly healthy...so she doesn't need to gain any weight! I think she looks amazing as she is now! ^^

toplovesme
· Posted July 15, 2013 @ 12:54 pm

"Considering her tall height of 5"5" Wait what? She's only 5'5? That's actually not that tall. D:

leegyu
· Posted July 27, 2013 @ 11:01 am
that's tall for asian.
toplovesme
· Posted July 27, 2013 @ 2:33 pm
@leegyu But I'm Asian as well, and there are quite a lot of girls here taller than 5'5.
asiret
· Posted July 29, 2013 @ 8:50 am
@toplovesme All the asian girls from my area are like 5"1, including me. sobs. ;;
toplovesme
· Posted July 29, 2013 @ 12:37 pm
@asiret Aww.. Lol, I'm 5'4 but I'm considered short here. Yikes! It would be nice to be taller with long legs.. :')
sketchoflove
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 7:10 am
News flash! Sooyoung, the tallest member, is only 1.71m. That's not very tall either. We've been fooled by SM's low-angle images!!! Hahahaha
c3autumn
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 10:44 pm
@sketchoflove really? Wow, SM, lol!

blackangel21
· Posted July 9, 2013 @ 9:48 pm

why are most female idol so severely underweight, most of them have BMI between 15-18% so unhealthy for a woman...

naomiwtf
· Posted July 11, 2013 @ 12:40 pm
Actually no. BMI is not a definite health indicator, even the guy who created it himslef said it wasn't. A woman havinga BMI between 15-18 doesn't automatically indicate she's unhealthy.
blackangel21
· Posted July 13, 2013 @ 3:29 am
@naomiwtf how can you say the being "underweight" is not unhealthy. We all know that stresses and demands that idols have to go through and most of them lose a lot of weight from the stresses they go through so based on those things I would assume that their not in the best health. We shouldn't be associating underweight with healthy. Especially when these girls are going through crazy diets to get to these targets and it's not their natural weight.
krimmy
· Posted July 14, 2013 @ 8:24 pm
@blackangel21 Listen, I know what you`re saying is right, but you have to realize that saying all people that are underweight = automatically unhealthy. Health and weight are linked, yes. But it's not your body and it's most importantly NOT your business of what someone's health is. Maybe this doesn't apply to Yoona (because we all know the kinds of strict diets they make kpop stars go on) but everyone's body is different so you really can not have that kind of attitude. You don't know who you could hurt.
krimmy
· Posted July 14, 2013 @ 8:25 pm
@krimmy "but you have to realize that saying all people that are underweight = automatically unhealthy" isn't completely true. that's what I meant.
Oli
· Posted July 30, 2013 @ 6:17 am
@krimmy both of you guys are right in some aspects, but what you truly have to consider is how the body stature looks like. Everyone has a different Body-type. You have to consider if the person is rather thin by nature or has broad shoulders etc. I think Yoona is rather petite by nature. Don't forget the genes ^^ But I agree that it's usually not really good to be underweight ^^

srirachaburns
· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 2:39 pm

uhhh no, she is fine and 17.8% body fat is wrong, if i were to estimate, she is around 9-11 percent. Having a low body fate percentage is perfectly okay, as long as it is not excessively low like getting down to 5-6 percent (unless you know what you are doing). All she needs to do is start eating more protein foods instead of carbs and start some weight training to gain some muscle mass. She just needs a body recomposition, not gain more weight in terms of eating more and getting fatter. You can increase your weight by just gaining more muscle instead and it is the healthiest way to gain more weight. Good lesson for everyone too.

qazplm1111
· Posted August 17, 2013 @ 8:23 pm
uhhh no, it's not 17.8% body fat. it's BMI, body mass index. there's a bmi calculator online where you can calculate it. she's not fine, she's underweight.

mattmeux
· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 12:07 pm

48!.oh , Yoona's a sexy body S-line....

She is a shiksihin (food god) nº1...good metabolism and genetic.

kpopismedicine
· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 8:45 pm
She doesn't have an S-line, she's too skinny. But I do envy her for eating so much and not gaining weight.
naomiwtf
· Posted July 11, 2013 @ 5:40 pm
@kpopismedicine Actually it's perfectly possible to be skinny and have an S-line. S-line, just like curviness, is a shape not a size. I haven't seen recent pictures, but Yoona usualy have an s-line, because her waist is small compared to her hips

noctlightcloud
· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 9:43 am

what's with hr hair? maybe the side effects of being underweigth??

srirachaburns
· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 2:36 pm
its wet, they said that she had wet clothes so she must be soaking wet
noctlightcloud
· Posted July 7, 2013 @ 4:59 pm
@srirachaburns oh okay ;-).... I was worried cause I love GG and all the Girls :-D
princessbella
· Posted July 28, 2013 @ 7:59 am
There is mud in it...it even said that in the article...
noctlightcloud
· Posted July 28, 2013 @ 12:27 pm
@princessbella thanks... I was just worried, she's too thin! >___<

samael
· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 4:57 am

5'5, thats so small :o

fireflies1
· Posted July 20, 2013 @ 6:20 am
for a girl it is great bcoz a 6 ft would be freakish
samael
· Posted July 20, 2013 @ 7:34 am
@fireflies1 i meant, compared to how tall she looks next to the others, i expected her to be more towards 6 ft

ripiasuperjunior
· Posted July 4, 2013 @ 8:05 pm

48? if you think thats bad Hyunah was 39 and sooyoung is 43kg~

imkathyy
· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 12:14 am
Umm. Sometimes the agency tells lies and make them skinnier then they really are...
usernameallkpop
· Posted July 7, 2013 @ 8:38 am
yea i can say sooyoung is underweight is shes really 43kg since shes tall. standing 5'5" is not tall. its only average
The End